These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms“) define the contractual relationship between Highland Adventure Tours (the “Tour Operator“) and its Customer (the “User“). All persons who use, access and obtain any content, products, or services through this website shall be deemed to have read and accepted these Terms. Users are responsible for keeping themselves informed of the current Terms of the Tour Operator on this website.
1. General Terms
- The website www.highlandadventuresph.com, including all contents and infrastructure of this website is owned and operated by Highland Adventure Tours
- The website provides an online platform through which the following services can be booked:
- Day Tours
- Multi-Day Tours
- Transfers and Other Transport Services
- Tour supplier, hotel, and/or transport provider (the “Service Provider“) can advertise their services for reservation, through which visitors to the website can place reservations and payments for these services. By making a reservation through the website, you enter into a direct, legally binding contractual relationship with the Service Provider that you book. In this transaction, the Tour Operator acts solely as an intermediary between the User and the Service Provider, transmitting the details of your reservation to the relevant Service Provider, then sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the Service Provider.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use content owned by the Tour Operator (inclusive of text, images, URLs, pricing information, etc.) in any way except for your own personal use.
2. Prices, Inclusions, and Exclusions
- All tours, and services offered by the Tour Operator are valid as per the dates displayed at www.highlandadventuresph.com or any Tour Operator’s affiliated website. Occasionally suppliers and/or service providers make changes to tour dates, prices, inclusions, coverage, age requirements.
- Prices listed on the Tour Operator’s website are per person unless otherwise specified.
- Prices are based on the local tariff at the time of quoting, in Philippine Peso currency as determined by the Tour Operator.
- Price quotations are subject to change without notice until a booking has been confirmed.
- Unless otherwise specified, prices do not include any local taxes or user fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges or international transportation tax.
- Prices do not include tips/gratuities to tour directors, drivers or local guides; passport and visa fees; baggage and personal insurance; any items of a personal nature; and any beverages or food not specified under “Inclusions” on the product pages of the Tour Operator’s website.
- The Tour Operator reserves the right to not disclose the price of each individual component (i.e., hotels, transfers, activity fees, etc.) in our Tour Packages as part of our confidentiality agreement with various Service Providers.
- During the booking process, you will be able to choose a pickup location with a corresponding pickup time. If you do not show up on the scheduled pickup time and location stated on your booking, your reservation is non-refundable.
- If you do not know your pickup location at the time of booking, you can choose to update your pickup location later, up to 48 hours before the tour departure. Click on the link in your Invoice email to update your pickup location and other details. Please call the number listed on your Invoice if you do not receive a confirmation of your pickup location update.
4. Terms of Payment
- When you book online, 50% payment will be required. We will then start reserving your tour to secure you the slot(s) and the best price. Full payment can be made on the day of your tour upon departure if you’re paying in cash, and at least three (3) days before your tour if you’re paying online.
- All prices and payments are in Philippine Peso currency. We also refund in PHP as we do not charge any booking or transaction fees we can not be held liable to any loss in currency exchange during transactions, nor any third party transaction fees that may occur at the time of payment and/or refund.
5. Cancellation Policy
Cancellations of Day Tours and Multi-Day Tours
- Day Tours booked through the Tour Operator’s website can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure of the tour for a full refund.
- All Multi-Day Tours may be cancelled up to thirty (30) days before the tour departure date notice and will be entitled to only 70% refund per customer. The remaining 30% service fee is to cover the operator cost of planning and arranging. Please note that changing the number of people in a booking to a smaller number is considered a cancellation. Travelers are not entitled to a refund if tours are cancelled less than 30 days before the departure date. 14 days prior to the departure date, full amount will no longer be refundable for Multi-Day Tour.
- All discounted tours under a promotional campaign are non-refundable. Promo or discounted Multi-Day Tours are non-cancellable, non-refundable, and non-rebookable. Unless, otherwise, traveler is entitled to a refund in accordance with these Terms.
- In case of partial cancellations, e.g. a tour or activity portion of a Multi-Day Tour is cancelled by the operator, or a tour itinerary is changed due to bad weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, a partial refund is due. If an activity is changed, the price difference between activities will be refunded, or a percentage stated by the Tour Operator as the standard refund due to changes in program of the tour.
- Bank-initiated transaction and/or processing fees for refunding purchases settled through bank deposit, online bank transfer, e-wallets, and other similar forms of online fund transfers shall be covered by the customer. The net refundable amount will be disclosed to the customer prior to being remitted, and will automatically reflect on the customer’s account within the next 3-5 business days.
Cancellations of Transportation
- Transportation reservations can be canceled up to 48 hours before the departure date and a full refund will be issued.
Cancellations due to weather conditions
- If your tour is cancelled by the Tour Operator 24 hours before departure due to bad weather conditions or any other environmental circumstances, you will always receive a full refund.
- In case of force majeure in the Philippines which prevents you to continue your travel in the Philippines, you will also receive a full refund on all products and services booked through the Tour Operator’s website.
How to Cancel or Change a Booking
- All cancellations and changes must be made through email to email@example.com with the email subject as: Cancellation – [Order #] or Change – [Order #].
- All refund requests must be made through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject as: Refund Request – [Order #].
- We do not charge anything for helping you change or make simple rearrangements to your booking for Day Tours, Multi-Day Tours serviced by independent operators, and car rentals as long as they are requested within the window allowed for changes to a product, but costs can change accordingly with your new details. Please be advised that though we always try our best, due to high demand and low availability, rearrangements are not always possible.
- For Multi-Day Tour Packages arranged by the Tour Operator, please contact us for any changes needed. We do not charge anything for helping you change or make simple rearrangements to your Tour Package, but please note that costs can change accordingly, depending on hotel rates, car rentals, change of included products, etc. In that case, we will either notify you about the increased costs or refund you the difference. In cases where changes reach a form that requires rebooking and tailoring of Tour Package, a service fee of 15% of total tour price might apply.
- Please note that reducing the number of people in a booking is considered a cancellation.
6. User Accounts
- You may need to create an account and provide information about yourself in order to use some of the features on the website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You are also responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
- Your account is for your personal use only. You may not impersonate someone else (e.g., adopt the identity of a celebrity), create an account for anyone other than yourself, provide an email address other than your own, or create multiple accounts. We reserve the right to terminate your account at any time.
- The Tour Operator is not responsible for stolen account credentials or passwords.
7. Reviews, Comments, Photos, and Other Submissions
- By submitting content to this website by email, postings on this website or otherwise, including any hotel reviews, photos, videos, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like contained in any submissions (collectively, “Submissions“), you grant the Tour Operator and the affiliated, co-branded and/or linked website partners through whom we provide service (collectively, the “Affiliates“), a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to:
- use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Submissions throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and
- use the name that you submit in connection with such Submission.
- You acknowledge that the Tour Operator may choose to provide attribution of your comments or reviews (for example, listing your name and hometown on a hotel review that you submit) at our discretion, and that such Submissions may be shared with our supplier partners.
- You further grant the Tour Operator the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or the Tour Operator’s rights in the Submissions by a breach of these Terms.
- You acknowledge and agree that Submissions are non-confidential and non-proprietary. You expressly waive any and all ‘moral rights’ (including rights of attribution or integrity) that may subsist in your Submissions and agree that you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion or exploitation of your Submissions by us, the Affiliates or any of our partners or licensees.
- We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any Submissions posted or submitted by you. We have no obligation to post your comments; we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to determine which comments are published on the Website. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not provide us with any Submissions.
- You are fully responsible for the content of your Submissions, (specifically including, but not limited to, reviews posted to this Website). You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website:
- any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material or content that would violate rights of publicity and/or privacy or that would violate any law;
- any commercial material or content (including, but not limited to, solicitation of funds, advertising, or marketing of any good or services); and
- any material or content that infringes, misappropriated, or violates any copyright, trademark, patent right or other proprietary rights of any third party. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any violation of the foregoing restrictions, or any other harm resulting from your posting of content to this Website. You acknowledge that Guide to the Philippines may exercise its rights (e.g. use, publish, delete) to any content you submit without notice to you. If you submit more than one review for the same hotel, only your most recent submission is eligible for use.
- You assume all risks associated with your Submission, including anyone’s reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness, or any disclosure by you of information in your Submission that makes you personally identifiable. You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use, and authorize the use of, your Submission as described herein. You may not imply that your Submission is in any way sponsored or endorsed by the Tour Operator.
- The Tour Operator and its affiliates may display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with your Submission on the website and Other Media. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode, and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
8. Limitation of Liability
- The Tour Operator does not operate any tours but directs you to operators and service providers in Cebu, Philippines. Neither charge Users any fees, and as such, cannot be liable for any accidents, losses, injuries, damages, delays, expenses due to any action or inaction on the part of the operator, guide or his/her services.
- The Tour Operator makes no guarantees about the availability of specific products and services. We may make improvements and/or changes on the Website at any time.
- We make no representations about the suitability of the information, software, products and services contained on this Website for any purpose, and the inclusion or offering of any products or services on this Website does not constitute any endorsement or recommendation of such products or services by the Tour Operator. All such information, software products, and services are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. We disclaim all warranties and conditions that this Website, its servers or any email sent from the Tour Operator are free of viruses or other harmful components. We hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products and services, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular response, title and non-infringement.
- The Service Providers on this Website are independent contractors and not agents or employees of the Tour Operator. We are not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any such suppliers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting there from. We have no liability and will make no refund in the event of any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure, or other causes beyond their direct control, and they have no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.
- Guests refusing to wear masks and comply with other mandated health protocols are subject to the Service Provider’s and carrier’s right to refuse service to anyone causing potential harm and distress to other guests and service personnel. As a marketplace, the Tour Operator hereby limits its liability for any incident of similar nature between the service provider and guests.
- In no event shall the Tour Operator be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, your access to, display of or use of the Services or with the delay or inability to access, display or use the Services (including, but not limited to, your reliance upon opinions appearing in these Services; any computer viruses, information, software, linked sites, products and services obtaining through the Services; or otherwise arising out of the access to, display of or use of the Services) whether based on a theory of negligence, contract, tort, strict liability, consumer protection statutes, or otherwise, and even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- If, despite the limitation above, we are found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or in any way connected with any of the occurrences described above, then the liability of the Tour Operator will in no event exceed, in the aggregate, the greater of
- the service fees you paid to the Tour Operator in connection with such transaction(s) on this Website, or
- such amount or its equivalent in local currency to be advised by the Tour Operator.
- The limitations specified in this section will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these Terms is found to have failed of its essential purpose. The limitations of liability provided in these Terms inure to the benefit of the Tour Operator.